Articles and Links
Articles By Barony Members
Disclaimer: This page contains links that connect to sites over which neither the SCA or the Barony of Nordskogen has any control.
The Barony of Nordskogen does not accept paid advertising. The appearance of links to merchants in this page does not represent an approval or
endorsement of the merchandise or services by any officer or body of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc., or by the Barony of
Kingdom of Northshield
Music and Art
- The Mudcat Cafe -- "a source of every set of folk music lyrics you
could ever hope to find.. . . There's lots of modern stuff, but the trad section is excellent!"
-- Caoilfhionn ingen Cheallaigh
- The Academy of St. Gabriel -- "For well-researched period naming practices,
there is no better source than the Academy of St. Gabriel (whose research is generally stricter than the SCA requires, and is
accepted as documentation by the SCA's College of Arms)." --Baron Caradoc Llew Du ap Morgan
- Medieval Names Archive -- This collection of articles on medieval
and renaissance names is intended to help historical re-creators to choose authentic names.
Heavy Weapons, Armor, and Other Weaponry
General Medieval Studies
- Labyrinth -- an extensive website on Medieval Studies at Georgetown
- The Online Reference Book for Medieval Studies' Medieval Sourcebook
-- "An amazing site with links to medieval legal texts, saints' lives, maps, texts in many languages, including the Corpus of
Middle English Prose and Verse" --Baron Caradoc Llew Du ap Morgan
- NetSERF: The Internet Connection for Medieval Resources --
sponsored by the Department of History at the Catholic University of America, coveing Archeology, Architecture, Art, Culture,
Drama, History, Law, Literature, Music, People, Philosophy, Religion, Science and Technology. It also has the NetSERF Research Center
(which is geared to the history professional). Check out the Cool Medieval Site of the Month.
- Kingdom Historical Trust, Inc. -- the site for the now-separate corporation
looking to buy land for a permanent historical-reenactment (SCA) site in the West Kingdom